Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What’s in a name?

A lot actually. We decided to wait until we were sure our birthmother would proceed with the adoption before posting the name we chose. We have been discussing baby names since before we knew we wanted to begin our family. It had to be something meaningful; something biblical. We also wanted to honor the birthmother in naming our daughter. Her name is Esther Rose. We’ll call her Essie.

Esther is a beautiful story in the Bible; one of my favorite. I fell in love with the name even more after watching “One Night With The King.” It is also the name of Nick’s aunt in Pennsylvania. He spent many days and nights with his Aunt Essie as a child and always thought she had the coolest name ever. Nick called Aunt Essie earlier today - we hadn't told her before....this is why we waited so long; we didn't want any other family members to share the news before we could call :)

We asked T to decide the middle name for the baby. She loves the name Rose. Although she has never said why she loves the name, I suspect is has to do with her grandmother. As we’ve gotten to know T and her family more over the past 3 days, we learned that she was born in Texas. Her grandmother has always called her “my yellow rose of Texas.”

- - - Check back tomorrow for pictures!!!!!! We're expecting to arrive home in the early afternoon. I'll do my best to at least post one pretty quickly after arriving at the house!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you. I have been thinking about you all day today and wondering if you guys had your baby yet. I love the name choice by the way, that is my grandma's name... she always answered to Ess. I can't wait to see pictures and more importantly to hold that baby. I hope you bring her to Sunday Cafe soon. Love to you and Nick and give that baby lots of smoochies from me. Michele Oaks