Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My first all-nighter since college….

I didn’t like it then either. ;-) Baby didn’t want to sleep last night after sleeping most of yesterday. Until 4AM, I slept about 30 minutes. After that, I think I got between 3 and 4 hours. Now I understand what our friends meant when they told us to get plenty of sleep before she was born. Too bad we didn’t listen to them! I tried to be nice and let Nick rest. I’m not sure how much he actually slept, but at least he wasn’t up walking and rocking half the night.

So, what did I learn from my first night as a mommy?
1. Even when I’m totally sleep deprived, I think my baby is the most beautiful one there ever was!
2. Some diaper changes really do take 2 people!
3. I should trust my instincts when it comes to feeding times.
4. An entire bottle coming back up makes a big mess.
5. Whoever invented the pacifier deserves a nice spot in heaven!!!

I'm not sure what things Nick would write if he were to make a list......
1. He is probably not as sound a sleeper as he thought
2. He does have the ability to wake up and funcion immediately when I yell "oh crap, Nick help!" - see item #2 on my list...ha ha!
3. Those beds in the labor & delivery room are not really as comfortable as they look.
4. Baby doesn't like to be hungry anymore than her mommy does :-)

We’ve tried to keep her awake a lot more today so she’ll sleep better for us tonight. :)

Nick has to leave for a while tomorrow to run errands for work. Please pray for his safety and my ability to handle things alone while he is gone. Oh yes, and please pray for some sleep!

God Bless!!


P.S. I may not be able to post again until we come home. While the hospital is wireless, our room is located in a corner of the building and we have a difficult time finding a connection.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to say "told you so" but I feel too sorry for you - now you know why I was always a little edgy for our dinner get togethers! Even if it looks like all is good it still means you are sleep deprived and may not be able to put a sentence together! :)

congrats - can't wait to see pics!