Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Good thing I'm not a vegetarian!

I remember when my parents bought their minivan. It was just before I turned 16. I remember learning to drive in it. I remember how much I hated it. I told my parents over and over again how I would never drive a minivan. You couldn't pay me to do it.

My mom keeps telling me to be careful about saying I'll never do something. Becoming a parent can have a profound impact on your attitude and belief about certain things. Apparently I'm going to end up doing and saying a lot of things I swore I would never do or say.

So, I've officially eaten my first helping of crow. We bought a minivan last night. We didn't set out to buy a new vehicle yesterday; we just wanted to test drive a couple and see what might work for us in a few months. For those of you who know Nick well, you know how he is about getting the best deal possible on something. Well, we found a deal he couldn't refuse.....

I guess crow doesn't taste so bad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the minivan club! You will enjoy the spaciousness - especially with Essie! She is a beauty! Thanks for this wonderful blog. We hope to meet her soon!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!!! Welcome to the club! You told me you'd NEVER drive one of those!! Not my ideal choice of a vehicle, but it sure is practical!