Tuesday, March 4, 2008

So much to share!





Boy, this has been a busy week! We're still adjusting to this new life where we can't just pick up and go like we have in the past!! The sleep thing isn't as bad as we thought it would be, though :-) Well, except for yesterday. Essie wouldn't take a nap unless one of us was holding her.

We had a doctor's appointment yesterday. At Essie's 2 week check up, she hadn't gained any weight, so they wanted to see her again - she gained 15 ounces in 7 days!!!! The doctor said "holy cow, what are you feeding that baby???" She does love to eat! She is officially 8 lbs. 4 oz. and is 21 inches long.

Last night we went out for dinner - it was the second time we've taken Essie to a restaurant. Of course, because of the nap thing, I had to hold her the entire time. We went to our favorite Japanese restaurant. I was so proud of myself....I ate my entire meal with chopsticks and didn't spill any on the baby!!! - okay, I dribbled a tiny drop of soy sauce....

She is developing such a personality. She's starting to make little noises; she turns her head when she hears mommy and daddy's voices. She's starting to focus on things and watch with interest when we talk to her. Sometimes she helps me hold her bottle when she's eating. It's probably a fluke, but twice this past week, I've laid her on her belly for some tummy time and she rolled over to her back.

Oh yeah, birth announcements are coming soon!!!!!

No comments: